Thursday, January 16, 2014

Lab meeting: Abundant Genetic Variation + Strong Selection = Multivariate Genetic Constraints: A Geometric View of Adaptation



By Tom Gosden

Hello all. Erik has asked me to pick a paper as a way of integrating me back into the lab and meeting all the new faces that have appeared over the last 5 years I have been away. So to ease into it I have picked a paper which I found very useful in explaining and interpreting multivariate genetic constraints.  It was written several years ago by Bruce Walsh and Mark Blows. It might be considered quite heavy in places, but I have personally found it an excellent paper as an introduction to some very complex and interesting approaches to studying genetic constraints.

There will be a test.


Abundant Genetic Variation + Strong Selection = Multivariate Genetic Constraints: A Geometric View of Adaptation
Bruce Walsh and Mark W. Blows

No comments:

Post a Comment