Thursday, October 17, 2013

New PhD student: Anna Nordén



My name is Anna Nordén and I started as a PhD student in the Section for Evolutionary Ecology in May this year. I am working on intralocus sexual conflict in a hermaphroditic flatworm under the supervision of Dr Jessica Abbott. My project focuses on the role of sexual antagonism in maintaining standing genetic variation in populations. To investigate this, I will measure the response to sex-limited evolution through experiments using a synthetic sex chromosome in the hermaphroditic free-living marine flatworm Macrostomum lignano.

Before, I have worked on assortative mating and sexual selection in Calopteryx damselflies under the supervision of Prof Erik Svensson at Lund University, and on the co-evolutionary relationship between the moth Greya politella and its host plant Lithophragma parviflorum under the supervision of Prof John Thompson at University of California, Santa Cruz.

No comments:

Post a Comment